Monday, August 1, 2011

Clouds

Clouds. 
Big, fluffy, white, happy clouds?
OR
Big, dense, dark, sad clouds? 

Does anyone know where I'm going with this (because I'm not really sure either, haha.) I've been thinking about clouds today.  "Why?" might you ask?  Because it is August 1st and August 1st means summer is almost over.  The last thing I want is summer to be over and so I think it would be nice to hop on a fluffy little cloud and float away for awhile.

I started looking for quotes about clouds and most of them gives clouds a negative connotation. They are usually used to represent a bad time in your life.  You know, those big, dense, dark, sad clouds that sometimes we feel are shrouding our life? But what about the big, fluffy, white, happy clouds?  Do we just forget about that side of a cloud? It kind of reminds me of people.  Once people see the "dark" side of another, they forget about the good side.  *Sigh* I don't know where I'm going with this.  Perhaps it is an issue of optimism vs. pessimism.  Perspective.  When days feel like a dark cloud is covering you, turn it into a happy cloud.

I love clouds.  Clouds are so dreamy... I love looking up at them and making them into shapes.  I've always wanted to spread out on one and take a nap (They look so comfy!)  ... until I watched Dumbo and saw how the little baby elephant kept falling through.  It would not be very nice to fall asleep and wake up falling through the air (Ooh! But maybe I would be like Dumbo and fly against all odds!)  I also think about in Sleeping Beauty, in the end when Aurora and the Prince are dancing in the clouds singing, "Once Upon A Dream"  I can't help but swoon.  Haha, as you can see, Disney teaches me many things :)  I have a big imagination.

Well, if you actually decided to continue reading this nonsensical post about clouds, I thank you.  I wish I could have made more sense of it.  If anyone has any way of better explaining what I was trying to say, feel free to comment :)  Here are some pictures of clouds that I have taken over the past few months.

Just looking at them makes me happy! "It's so fluffy I'm gonna die! IT'S SO FLUFFAYYYYYY!" ~ Agnes (A little Despicable Me humor )


Tornado cloud.

Rows of clouds.

I love it when the light seeps it's way out!


Surround yourself with these clouds! This one reminds me of The Lion King.

I feel like this post was just a game to see how many Disney movies I could refer to.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. <-- Mary Poppins :D
Have yourself a wonderful Tuesday :)

1 comment:

  1. that's a perfect lion king photo and i should know that since it was my favorite childhood movie hahaha

    ReplyDelete