Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Goodbye, Summer...

Summer is over. School has begun.  
I have mixed feelings about this.  It makes me really really sad that summer is over and that I have to get back into a routine again, but at the same time maybe it will be good for me to have routine again and it will keep me distracted from other things. Overall though, I am not ready for the daily, long, grueling hours of homework. 
Fact about me: I am a homeschooler and I attend a program called Classical Conversations.  (Want a balance between homeschooling and private/public school?  One that will give you structure, community and a great education? Look it up!)
I am certain I will learn many things that I will want to share with you in the future, so to save time, I'm going to tell you about my classes now rather than later.
1. Shakespeare/Poetry (I’m really excited about this class! Our first play that we are reading is, Much Ado About Nothing along with Brightest Heaven of Invention by Peter Leithart as a study guide.  And in Poetry, we are reading The Roar on the Other Side by Suzanne Rhodes)
2. Advanced Philosophy (I look forward to this class as well.  We’re using The Consequence of Ideas by R.C. Sproul as our text)
3. Chemistry (Hm. Math and Science combined. Not much more to say other than I am not a Math or Science person.)
4. Latin 3 (I thoroughly enjoy learning languages.  One problem: I have only taken Latin 1.  So, I have a good bit of catching up to do…)
5. Advanced Math (People always get confused when I call it this, so let me explain.  Saxon is the curriculum we use and that is what they named the book; it’s basically a combination of geometry and pre-calculus)
6. American History (In other words, a big fat, 932 page book, with small print, filled with our Country’s history.  Definitely not looking forward to this class.)

Well, I need to go finish up today's homework before Church.  I hope everyone is having a great week! And to those of you who are starting school, good luck and work hard!

1 comment:

  1. Love the CC commercial thrown in there... Skype date Sat. night if Irene doesn't rob me of power?

    ReplyDelete