Friday, August 19, 2011

Best Friend

Just when I thought all hope was lost and this Friday was going to be a total bum, I found out my best friend, Hannah, finally got Skype!!!  It made my day :)

Hannah and I grew up inseparable; best friends forever.  When she moved away, things changed... but... not really.  Sure, we don't see each other as much and our lives are completely different, but when we reunite it's like not even a minute has passed by.  I love it.  When you are a kid, friendships are so easy.  You meet someone your size and immediately you become best friends.  There are no conditions, you just play and love each other.  Hannah and I worked our hardest to see each other every single day.  I have a very vivid memory figuring out what we could do each day. 

Monday: Piano lessons
Tuesday: Ballet
Wednesday: Church
Thursday: Gymnastics
Friday: Sleepover
Saturday: Try to talk our Moms into another sleepover
Sunday: Church

That's probably not the right order, but that was basically our life back then.  We would make desperate attempts to have sleepovers almost every day.  Those were the days...
Anyways, Hannah's and my friendship has stayed easy.  It's a miracle.  It seems that once you become a teenager, friendships become very difficult.  But our child-like friendship has remained and that is why she will always be my best friend.

If you read this, I love you and I am so, so thankful for you. :)

Aww, nostalgia is getting to me. I have so many fond memories with her...

Ha!  I just found a quote: "The only reason God didn't make us sisters is because one mom couldn't handle us both." Hahaha

1 comment:

  1. "Child-like friendship"?!? Speak for yourself :) Totally kidding. Haha you were supposed to be sleeping after we skyped... Oh well! Someday I'll get some sense into your head. Love you too dear!

    ReplyDelete