Friday, August 12, 2011

A Day in Narnia

Narnia. As in The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. As in a beautiful and magical world.  I wish my closet had a secret passageway to a place like Narnia.  Anytime the world became overbearing, I would just sneak into Narnia.  What would I do?
First, I would find Aslan.  I would run to him and hug him tight.  I would lie on his soft mane in a quiet meadow next to a clear spring.  Releasing all of my troubles, I would cling to his every word and feel reassured. Eventually, I would fall in a blissful sleep.

Then I would visit Mr. Tumnus for tea time.  I would be relieved by our deep, but simple friendship.

Of course, I would have to have a little chat with the Beavers.  They are so sweet and caring.

I would take a boat ride out into the Sea of Lilies, surrounded by purity.

I would sing as loud as I could and dance with the trees, laughing all the while.

Then sit on the beach with Aslan and watch the crystal clear waves come in and out, acknowledging the majestic sound and breathing in the salty air.

Say my goodbyes until next time and enter back into my world, refreshed and at peace.

Yup, this sounds just about perfect, don’t you think?
 
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again."

No comments:

Post a Comment