Friday, August 19, 2011

Let the Rant Begin

Although, I slept fairly well last night (compared to the night before), I would still like to vent about my sleeping issues. 

#1: It takes absolutely FOREVER to fall asleep! Sleeping is something that just happens, right? Normally, we don’t think through the process of falling asleep.  I do.  Every time I start to enter into a sleep, my mind jerks me back, so then I try and focus on how to get to that state of sleepiness again. It just doesn’t work out.
#2: After the struggle with myself to fall asleep, I am then faced with constant dreaming.  CONSTANT.  I’ve heard something like dreams really only last 2 seconds… well, I don’t think I believe that.   I wake up several times throughout the night from these “dreams” and in the morning, I’m exhausted (no matter how many hours of sleep I get).
#3: These “dreams” could hardly be called such, but they’re not really nightmares.  Most of the time, I am just really tense during them.  I had like a Transformer’s dream where big robots kept chasing me. Being chased is my biggest fear… but I was able to beat them, so that is why it doesn’t qualify as a nightmare.  Anyways, you get the point.  Being tense in my dreams probably means that I’m tense in real life, which is why I wake up so tired.
Well, that is all.  The saddest part of this all is that I used to LOVE sleep. I would get all happy and warm inside when I thought about it..and now I dread it. It is very sad. :( Well.. if anyone has any remedies, please share :)

3 comments:

  1. Purposefully making yourself breathe deeply and slowly.
    Lying flat on your back.
    Reading Bondage of the Will.
    Latin chants.
    Warm vanilla milk before bed. (of course then you have to get up in a couple hours and pee so maybe thats not the best)
    Listen to Pride and Prejudice film score.
    Do thirty crunches before getting into bed.
    Call me! :) I'll sing you to sleep

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's another one...

    Feed those fish down there for a couple hours taking your mouse around in a circle very... very... slowly... Trust me. Your eyes gradually begin to close... or cross...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could always pray before bed each night

    ReplyDelete