Thursday, July 14, 2011

When Bored, BLOG!

Tonight is the magical midnight premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2! I am SO excited!  My friends are coming over to watch Part 1 beforehand.  I'm sad that it is almost over, but I can't wait to see it!  So, right now, as you can tell, I am really bored.  Yesterday during my "really bored" part of the day, I edited a lot of pictures of flowers that I have not posted on here yet.  And now, I am going to share them :) There is one in particular that I cannot wait for you to see! Here goes!


Something about this picture just fascinates me.  I have it saved as "The Living Among The Dead".  I strongly believe that people who are alive in Christ have to mix with the ones who are without Christ (dead).  We can't separate ourselves because if we did then the dead wouldn't know how to become alive. So that's what this picture makes me think about.

I took this one a long time ago.  I wish it was bigger because the detail is extraordinary.  And in case you're wondering what it is, I am happy to inform you that it is merely a weed with morning dew on it. Sometimes it's the "ugly" things that are extremely beautiful. 
"A weed is but an unloved flower." ~ Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Orange.

Pink (:

POP of color!

Black and white effect.

Love this picture both ways.

Purplely-blue.

Once again, I am kind of fascinated with dead things.  Sounds weird, I know.  But there are so many beautiful dead things.  Like that dead sunflower, or this shriveled up flower.  It's such a quiet, disguised beauty.

Daddy picked a sunflower, Mom put it in an awesome vase and placed it in a blue tray.  Perfect.


Favorite.

Haha, this was one of my weird photographer moments.  I was at Belks with John, my boyfriend, and made him stand there while I took pictures of this tree outside Belk haha.

Beautiful autumn picture.  Sunlight is perfect. Color is beautiful.

Does anyone know what these are?

Vintage look.

White & Yellow

Dandelion.  I can't remember if I've already showed you this one or not..

Remember that one in particular that I couldn't wait to show you? Well, this is it.  The before and after.  I added the "after" again below so you could see it bigger.

Breath-taking.  I just love everything about it. I want to frame it.

"What a desolate place would be a world without a flower! It would be a face without a smile, a feast without a welcome. Are not flowers the stars of the earth, and are not our stars the flowers of the heaven." ~  A.J. Balfour

"If seeds in the black earth can turn into such beautiful roses, what might not the heart of man become in its long journey toward the stars?"  ~ G.K. Chesterton

That's all folks! ;)

3 comments:

  1. I think my favorite is the orange leafy tree with the caption "beautiful autumn picture..." It is extremely beautiful and I love it especially the orange and the way the sun is positioned in the top right corner. Great Job Em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw: the picture with the caption as "Does anyone know what these are?" I think or at least they remind me of the little things we used to call "helicopters" when we were young. You can pick them off and throw them in the air and they will spin like the blades on the top of a helicopter. Hope that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you :) I love the autumn one as well. And helicopters seems like an apropriate name.

    ReplyDelete