Saturday, July 23, 2011

Refreshing Music

Hi everyone :)
It's been a while since I've posted and that's makes me sad.  I do believe last time I posted I was ciked about Harry Potter.  Well, let me just tell you what I thought about it.  IF you have read the book, it will not be HALF as good.  It is very anticlimactic and they took out so many AWESOME scenes in the book. So, I was a bit disappointed, but now that I'm forgetting how much I didn't like it, I want to see it again and hopefully it will be better the second time.  Since I'm talking about HP, check out this song: Harry Potter Theme - Incredible Piano Solo by Jarrod Radnich

Last night I went to see Jon Schmidt in concert with my piano teacher, Michelle, and a friend, Carol (who runs the music store).   Oh, I loved it! It was EXACTLY what I needed.  A very nice refreshing experience.  Jon Schmidt is a pianist (in case you haven't figured that out yet).  Here are some of my favorites of his:
Michael Meets Mozart - Jon Schmidt I wanted him to play this one so bad! I love it!!!! Make sure you watch this one instead of just have it playing in the background.
Love Story Meets Viva la Vida - Jon Schmidt  He played this one last night. Amazing! He had to use a soundtrack for all the other instruments though.
Tribute (Rose-Anne's Song) - Jon Schmidt  This one was written for his sister who passed away when he was 19.  She taught him a lot on the piano and he looked up to her a great deal. Last night, he ended the concert with this song, the piano un-miced.  It was incredible.  It starts out sad, but transitions into happiness as if he has been reunited with her. 

Last, but not least, this is a picture that I edited last night.  I'm really loving black backgrounds...


Enjoy the music above... It's so refreshing, relaxing, inspiring and all that good stuff.  Just close your eyes, take a deep breath and let the melody wash over you.  :)

1 comment: