Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lightning

There is a mega storm going on right now.  I turned out my lights and have been sitting here just watching the lightning.  It really is amazing.  I wish it were easier to catch on camera.  It got me thinking...Lightning can be very frightening, but at the same time it's peaceful.  Reminds me of God.  Deuteronomy 10:20 says, "Fear the Lord your God and serve him. Hold fast to him and take your oaths in his name." So we understand that we should fear Him but then 2 Thessalonians 3:16 says, "Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you."  According to human ideas, these two verses contradict themselves.  When you fear something you run away from it and the last thing it gives you is peace.  Fascinating how there can be such a fear that gives you peace. Lightning strikes fear in all of us (especially when thunder joins in) but we can't help but feel a sense of peace and serenity when you watch it.

Lightning also reminds me of music ever since I watched The Sorcerer's Apprentice.  Check out Thunder and Lightning by Johan Strauss. 

Ohh, I love God and all his magnificent creations :)

No comments:

Post a Comment