Friday, November 4, 2011

The Decision

I don't like decisions very much... especially ones that will affect the rest of my life. For the past three months I have been debating on graduating a year early (and either go to college, travel, or study music on my own) or continuing high school (in challenge 4).  I couldn't count how many times I have gone over the pros and cons in my head, how many times I've begged God to just tell me which I should do, or how many times I have somewhat decided in my head, but refused to say it out loud.  Quite a few times I have said something like, "Challenge 4 is going to be awesome" or "I need to apply to Asbury" and whoever is around me is like, "YOU MADE A DECISION?" Of course then I tell them to never take my decisive statements seriously because my decision could change the next day.  I've been preparing as if I am going to graduate so that I have the option. So I attended the graduation meeting... got measured for cap and gown... planned to sing a song at graduation... and then today was yearbook picture day.  I could have gotten both a junior picture and a senior picture and later told the yearbook editors which one to use, but instead, I did the first decisive thing.  I did NOT get a senior picture done.  Therefore, I am not graduating this year. I'm feeling somewhat excited, scared, disappointed, relieved, overwhelmed...


I know this much is true.  Holding hands with my Father, He will never leave me, He will show me the right way, and I can trust Him.

I can do this.

5 comments:

  1. Thats great! I think you are making the right decision, but the truth is that no matter what you decided, your life will be awesome, neither choice will result in a "bad life" God already knew what you were going to decide and He has mapped out your life accordingly. Be at peace little sis, its going to be good :) KS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still not seeing how a getting a photo taken has anything whatsoever to do with GRADUATING...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A thing that I learned this semester was about free will which is something that radically changed my thinking about a lot of things. I had always heard of it but never truly grasped the concept. The only call that we truly have is the call to be children of God, to be righteous, to be holy like our Father in Heaven, etc. God doesn't necessarily tell us everything that we have to do. Sometimes, He wants us to make the choice instead of waiting for Him to drop a command or an answer to our questioning prayer down in our lap. Sometimes you have to make the choice and deal with the things that follow. But when you make that choice do it to fullest of your ability and the fullest of being a child of God. Be a Christian to everyone and to everything that occurs in that choice. We make the choice and God supplies the resources, people, etc. of that choice that we can use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, if you wish to comment or give feedback I am all ears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Btw: I talked to some people about the whole concept of free will. They told me to not worry about it necessarily. Sometimes we have free will however other times God talks to us and compels us to a certain way. For example, Jonah and Paul are compelled on their callings in life. So it's another one of those concepts that has an extremely fine line.

    ReplyDelete