Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Twenty thirteen is nearing & I must say I'm rather terrified. This is going to be a big year. I graduate from high school in like five months. Then I will most likely proceed to go to college in August.

COLLEGE. 
asdlkfjacmsllfasklsakfhaskehfraksmhfalskdclakshmfklajhshfsaka

Needless to say, it's scary & I need to prepare myself physically, mentally, spiritually, & emotionally. Here are my resolutions!

Physical Resolutions
  • I'm joining the rest of the world and getting back into the gym. I plan to run a 5k with my sisters in the summer & I want to do it well. 
  • First semester of college: DON'T GAIN THE FRESHMAN 15. 
Mental Resolutions
  • READ MORE. These are some books I would like to have read come 2014. 

  • Try not to give in to senioritis and finish with a BANG! Don't just cover the material, allow the material to cover me ;)

Spiritual Resolutions
  • We were discussing in Sunday School this morning about being a more intentional people and so I would like to make it a resolution to become more intentional; intentional about reading God's Word, studying it, praying, journaling and just taking time to spend with God everyday. It has been a goal of mine since freshman year to read the entire Bible. It's sad and frustrating that I have not completed it. My ultimate goal, though, has been to complete the Bible before I go away to college. In a way, that's been my excuse every year: "Well, I don't go to college for another year or two, so I have time to finish it." And now here I am, 8 months away from that big step!! No more procrastination, it's time to do it!
Emotional Resolutions
  • Love, love, love, love, love & cherish each moment. 
  • I am one of those fortunate enough to have a mama who does my laundry for me. So I figured I better start learning how to do laundry NOW to avoid future emotional breakdowns in college :) 
  • This is not really an emotional resolution, but I'm terrible in the kitchen. (It's a known fact...) Therefore, I need to learn how to cook. It'd be a shame if I didn't take advantage of learning now while under my Mama's wing. <3
If I had to describe what I think 2013 is going to be like...

I'm excited & I hope you are too!
Have a Happy New Year!!!

2 comments:

  1. Like eating an elephant, take it one bite at a time. Don't get discouraged should you fail to meet your personal expectations.

    Take note of your distractions, resolve to avoid those traps, and pick back up where you left off! Remember, grace, grace, grace, grace, grace!

    Always have Christ as your point of reference and you will not stray too far from the path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray that the Lord shows you the way in every thing that you do. Just be faithful, run towards the cross and live your life for him!

    ReplyDelete