Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Acknowledging The Beauty in Hymns

Hello all! It's been a while since I've posted something on here, but it's time to get back in the groove of things! I'm starting a blog series on

Acknowledging the Beauty in Hymns!!! 

Hymns have been deemed (by many) to be old, outdated, boring, & not important. But what if, by casting them aside, we are losing a very important aspect in worship? I believe that hymns are essential to worship in church.  Slowly, but surely, hymns are being forgotten. In fact, I imagine, that in the grand scheme of things, very few people of my generation actually know hymns (except the popular ones, like, Amazing Grace, It Is Well, etc...)  How sad is that?

So here's how it's going to go...

  • Every week (hopefully), I'm going to record myself playing and singing a hymn and then I will blog about its history, the message, and just share my thoughts on it. 
  • The purpose of doing this is so that I will learn more about hymns and how to worship and also that hopefully, those of you who will listen and read, will learn a little too! I don't want my generation to be the one to ignore hymns and keep future generations from ever knowing of them.
Also note that I am new to the whole recording process, so forgive my imperfections :) Just focus on the words and the beautiful message that each hymn has to share! I'm super excited to go on this little journey through music, and I hope you join me! Stay tuned! 


1 comment:

  1. I'm excited about this new adventure for you. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete